Friday, July 1, 2011

Peterborough & Garden Growth

The summer months are bringing us extremely long days here at our northern latitude.  Every weekday, I watch the sun break the horizon at 4:30am as I arrive at work.  The sunshine gives my extremely early mornings a sense of normalcy, even if I'm still the only car on the road :)  We're also enjoying the 10:00pm sunsets, though the sunlight and bird chirps coming through the windows make going to bed early almost impossible!

The weather has also become partly cloudy and 70 most days, and rainy and 60 on the remaining days.  We certainly didn't foresee how pleasant the summer weather would be... turns out England isn't dreary after all!  We've had at least another half-dozen flower varieties pop up since my May flower photos, but my favorites are the Fuchsias we planted in the spring.  Our least favorite garden development is all the fresh growth on our pesky British ivy.  I think it might devour the house soon!
Hanging Fuchsia Basket
Ivy...

Summer has also spurred my return to the pool.  This called for a new swimsuit and goggles, so I dragged Blake to the big mall at our city to the north, Peterborough.  We were surprised to discover that the mall was built right next door to the Peterborough Cathedral.  This is the first cathedral we have visited, so I of course had to take a picture!
Peterborough Cathedral

Lots of trips coming up this summer... stay tuned!
~Lindsay

No comments: